Monday, January 18, 2010

Holi-Daze

It appears my mission to keep this blog updated on a weekly or even bi-weekly basis has failed miserably. My New Year's resolution is to at least blog monthly, and if it so happens that I can do more, even better. Here's a holiday recap...

December ended up being another very busy month for us. Luckily, Isiah and I both had a two-week winter break around Christmas and New Years. We were happy to be able to host a few holiday get-togethers at our place, and enjoyed the season with friends, and family.

The boys kicked off the season by bringing home an enormous tree. I have to admit, when I came home that night I was in shock by the tree that was consuming our living room. After a two-day task of trying to stabalize and straighten the tree, seven-stands of lights, and a few beautiful ornaments, we were all very proud of our beautiful Christmas tree. (click on image to enlarge)









Isiah performed in his first winter program at school, where he performed two Christmas songs with his Kindergarten classmates. (click on image to enlarge)








Don was super excited about his gift to the boy. I even got a call at work that day asking if he really had to wait til Christmas to give it to him. Since Isiah ended up spending Christmas Eve with his mom and sister this year, and my parents and sister spent it down here with us, we figured we'd take the moment to give him our gift early, a week early.


They've had a great time getting Isiah used to balancing and riding his new bike. Isiah's neighbor friend, Nathan, likes to join, too. (click on image to enlarge)




Isiah continues to do well in school and picking things up pretty quickly. Don got creative over Chistmas break in helping the boy identify and understand patterns, using bows.





















No comments:

Post a Comment